Saturday 16 April 2011

Trial and error... and then success! Spiral Loop Chandelier Earwires

Following my Spiral Loop Earwires, I decided I wanted to develop that design further. Here are my Spiral Loop Chandelier Earwires just waiting for some gemstone dangles. I will post pictures later when I have added some beads.


These earwires were the product of many attempts made out of silver plated wire. I am so glad I tried the design out on the cheaper wire first because, as you can see from the picture below, it took quite a while to get the design just right!


Throughout my trials and errors, I realised that tools marks are a real issue with this design as shown on my little chandelier pendant below. This will need more work with my sanding pads and back in the tumbler again.

No comments:

Post a Comment