Saturday 16 April 2011

I love spirals

I am loving spirals at the moment and can't get enough of them! Back in February I posted pictures of some earrings that I had made with sterling silver spirals over gemstone beads - both of those sold really quickly, so I made some more.






Then I got thinking about gemstones over spirals and came up with my 'Wonky Spiral' design (some more wonky than others!).

The aquamarine spiral earrings here were my first attempt and, although I hammered the wire for strength, they are still a little delicate. I've kept these for myself.









My second attempt with ametrine included some wire wrapping at the top. I found this gave the earrings much more stability. However, in finalising the design, the spiral shape became quite wonky, hence the name. I've kept these for myself as well!








And here is the third attempt with sparkling faceted amethyst rondelles secured in the centre of the spirals. These are definitely not so wonky and I am happy how they turned out.

They are up for sale in my Folksy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment