Saturday 16 April 2011

Silver Wire Fusing

I just got home today from my holiday in Thurlestone, Devon (great time, relaxing, good weather, lovely location, happy families and even a bit of time to make some jewellery - more on that to follow) and waiting at home for me was this book I had ordered from Amazon: 'Silver Wire Fusing' by Liz Jones:

I have been thinking about fusing silver wire since Shay suggested it to me following my post about my first coiled jewel bangle where I was thinking about needing to make my bangle design less flexible.
Liz Jones' book makes the process of fusing fine silver wire look quite simple. I shall just have to see. I have quite a few of the recommended tools and materials but have not got a 'fire brick'. I'm not sure how essential this is - my husband has found a smooth brick from his out house and suggested I use this. Can anyone advise me about this or suggest where in the UK I can source a fire brick quite cheaply?

No comments:

Post a Comment