Saturday 16 April 2011

Battling the elements

I found an hour this afternoon to photograph my latest Flower Earrings. Although it was very chilly outside, the sun was shining so I decided to venture outside, as ever looking around my garden for new backgrounds and textures for my photos. To start with I was getting frustrated because the sun was just too bright, so I moved under the gentle shade of my willow tree which is just starting to shoot. Here I discovered some moss mottled paving stones. They have a great rustic feel to them.




I then looked at the tree trunk and wondered how that would look as a background. I decided I wanted my earrings to be hanging off a twig so had to construct something for the twig to be supported on. I created a very temporary structure with a vase and a box and was able to take these 2 photos just before the cold wind blew, the twig slipped and the earrings fell off!





I tried a few more times but the weather was having none of it and kept blowing my earrings around so I couldn't get a clear focus. Shivering and stiff from lying on the ground, I gave in and went inside to download my photos and have hot drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment